Day 1: 1:00 AM – 2:00 AM
|Day 1: 1:00 AM – 2:00 AM|
|Original air date||November 13, 2001|
|Written by||Joel Surnow and Michael Loceff|
|Directed by||Stephen Hopkins|
|Previous episode||Day 1: 12:00 AM – 1:00 AM|
|Next episode||Day 1: 2:00 AM – 3:00 AM|
Day 1: 1:00 AM – 2:00 AM is episode 2 of Season 1.
 Episode Guide
Jack's attempts to find Kim are hampered by events at CTU. Jack is called by Richard Walsh who is being followed by people connected with Senator Palmer's assassination attempt. Jack rescues Walsh and obtains a key card with vital information on it. Senator Palmer learns of the assassination plan but escapes from his security to attend to a potentially damaging story being leaked to the press. Kim becomes suspicious of the two guys, Dan and Rick, when they start to become violent after she refuses to make a phone call for them. The sale of the ID to the men behind Palmer's assassination attempt hits a hitch when Mandy's partner demands a bigger payment.
- Kiefer Sutherlan as Jack Bauer
- Leslie Hope as Teri Bauer
- Sarah Clarke as Nina Myers
- Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
- and Dennis Haysbert as David Palmer
 Guest Stars
- Mia Kirshner as Mandy
- Michael O'Neill as Richard Walsh
- Michael Massee as Ira Gaines
- Rudolf Martin as Jonathan Matijevich
- Daniel Bess as Rick Allen
- Matthew Carey as Dan Mounts
- Jacqui Maxwell as Janet York
- Karina Arroyave as Jamey Farrell
- Vicellous Shannon as Keith Palmer
- Megalyn Echikunwoke as Nicole Palmer
- Kim Murphy as Bridgit
- Glenn Morshower as Aaron Pierce
- Scott Denny as Scott Baylor
- Tanya Wright as Patty Brooks
 Special Guest Stars
 Background Information and Notes
- Penny Johnson Jerald, Carlos Bernard, and Richard Burgi are now credited as Special Guest Stars after being credited as guest stars in the pilot episode.
- The interior of CTU was recreated on a soundstage, based on the building used to film the pilot episode. Consequently, CTU seems to have changed a bit. Additionally, David Palmer's hotel suite is completely different, also gone from an actual location to a constructed set.
- Mandy has also changed appearance; her hair is darker.
- The clock noise before and after the commercial breaks has changed since the pilot.
- Beginning with this episode, the billing of executive producers Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran and co-executive producer Stephen Hopkins have been moved from the beginning of Act I to the closing credits. They're moved back later in Day 1: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM.
- When Jack Bauer calls Nina Myers from outside the parking garage, he tells her, "I'm at 2350 Dunlop Plaza, the North Garage." However, a few seconds later Tony Almeida calls up a transcription of their conversation onto his computer screen, and there is a close of the part of the text which reads, "2350 DUNLOP PLAZA THE NORTH PARKING GARAGE," even though Bauer said "I'm at," before this, and he never said "parking" in front of "garage".