Day 1: 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM
|Day 1: 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM|
|Original air date||April 23, 2002|
|Written by||Joel Surnow and Michael Loceff|
|Directed by||Stephen Hopkins|
|Previous episode||Day 1: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
|Next episode||Day 1: 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM|
Day 1: 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM is episode 21 of Season 1.
 Episode Guide
Despite the events of the day, David Palmer is delighted to see he is leading the polls in California. Jack is taken hostage by the Drazen's. Jack saves himself from death by offering to help Victor get his son, Alexis, back. The police finally believe Kim's story but as she is being transferred to CTU her car is hit and she is again abducted.
- Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
- Leslie Hope as Teri Bauer
- Sarah Clarke as Nina Myers
- Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
- and Dennis Haysbert as David Palmer
 Guest Stars
- Željko Ivanek as Andre Drazen
- Xander Berkeley as George Mason
- Jude Ciccolella as Mike Novick
- Tanya Wright as Patty Brooks
- Paul Schulze as Ryan Chappelle
- Navi Rawat as Melanie
- Darin Heames as Krugman
- Christian Hastings as Harris
 Special Guest Stars
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Sherry Palmer
- Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida
- with Lou Diamond Phillips as Mark DeSalvo
- and Dennis Hopper as Victor Drazen
 Background Information and Notes
- The quick flashes during the "Previously on 24" segment show two yet-to-air clips from this episode; Jack before being hauled into a van, and Kim in the cruiser being handed the telephone.
- Throughout these last episodes of Day 1, Dennis Hopper gets the "and" credit for his role as Victor Drazen.
- This episode features Kim Bauer's final conversation with her mother Teri before Teri's death.
- Penny Johnson Jerald has no lines in this episode.
- When Victor Drazen speaks to George Mason, he never mentions Mason's name. However, when he asks to speak to Jack Bauer, Jack instantly somehow knows that Mason is on the other end of the line.