Day 1: 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
|Day 1: 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM|
|Original air date||January 15, 2002|
|Written by||Joel Surnow and Michael Loceff|
|Directed by||Stephen Hopkins|
|Previous episode||Day 1: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM|
|Next episode||Day 1: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM|
Day 1: 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM is episode 8 of Season 1.
 Episode Guide
Nina and Tony discover that Jamey is the mole in CTU working for Gaines. As Kim is about to escape with Rick, she hears the screams of her mother and returns. Under Gaines' instruction, Jack enters Palmer's breakfast and learns of Gaines' plan. Jack meets the shooter and delivers the gun. Jack stops the shooting by causing a disturbance.
- Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
- Leslie Hope as Teri Bauer
- Sarah Clarke as Nina Myers
- Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
- and Dennis Haysbert as David Palmer
 Guest Stars
- Michael Massee as Ira Gaines
- Daniel Bess as Rick Allen
- Vicellous Shannon as Keith Palmer
- Karina Arroyave as Jamey Farrell
- Rudolf Martin as Jonathan Matijevich
- Silas Weir Mitchell as Eli Stram
- Eric Balfour as Milo Pressman
- Jackie Debatin as Jessica Abrams
- Glenn Morshower as Aaron Pierce
- Jesse D. Goins as Alan Hayes
 Special Guest Stars
 Background Information and Notes
- This is the first episode on the DVDs to begin with an opening narration by Jack
- A shot of Ira Gaines shouting "Shoot her, Jack!" can be seen in the "Previously on 24" segment, however in the previous episode his voice was heard but his face was not shown during that line.
- With only 7.4 million viewers tuning in, this episode garnered the lowest ratings of an original airing of an episode on its normally scheduled night through 24's first six seasons.
- At about 00:13:20 on the DVD a camera team can be seen running into the picture on the right side.
- When Ira Gaines tells Eli Stram to "kill the wife and kid" we see Eli leaving the room where Ira is and in the very next shot he is where Teri Bauer and Kim Bauer are being held yet in later episodes it is clear that the room where Ira is working from and the barn that Teri and Kim are being held at are some distance apart.
- When Nina tries to reach Jamey, a film crew member can be clearly seen on the right of the scene.