Day 1: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM
|Day 1: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM|
|Original air date||January 8, 2002|
|Written by||Andrea Newman|
|Directed by||Bryan Spicer|
|Previous episode||Day 1: 5:00 AM – 6:00 AM|
|Next episode||Day 1: 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM|
Day 1: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM is episode 7 of Season 1.
 Episode Guide
Under Gaines' control, Jack sabotages CTU's investigation by switching the key card while Milo isn't looking. Nina becomes suspicious and Jack is forced to take action. Teri attacks her kidnapper but her attempts to get help from CTU are squashed when she gives her position to Jamey, and Gaines' men turn up to re-capture her. David Palmer tries to convince his family to go public with the story about Keith before the press does.
- Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
- Leslie Hope as Teri Bauer
- Sarah Clarke as Nina Myers
- Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
- and Dennis Haysbert as David Palmer
 Guest Stars
- Michael Massee as Ira Gaines
- Daniel Bess as Rick Allen
- Vicellous Shannon as Keith Palmer
- Karina Arroyave as Jamey Farrell
- Rudolf Martin as Jonathan Matijevich
- Silas Weir Mitchell as Eli Stram
- Eric Balfour as Milo Pressman
- Glenn Morshower as Aaron Pierce
- Megalyn Echikunwoke as Nicole Palmer
 Special Guest Stars
 Background Information and Notes
- A flash still seen in the "Previously on 24" segment shows a close-up of Jonathan's eye from this episode.
- This was the first 24 episode in which no characters died.
- The act-in clocks at 06:17:08 and 06:42:06 have no black rectangular bars behind them. The act-in clock at 06:54:22 is the only in the series' history without split-screen windows around it. Also, the clock only appears for three seconds, the shortest act-in clock ever used.
- A character heard over the phone, Frank Miller, is later seen but given the name Frank Simes.