Day 1: 11:00 PM – 12:00 AM
|Day 1: 11:00 PM – 12:00 AM|
|Original air date||May 22, 2002|
|Story by||Robert Cochran and Howard Gordon|
|Teleplay by||Joel Surnow and Michael Loceff|
|Directed by||Stephen Hopkins|
|Previous episode||Day 1: 10:00 PM – 11:00 PM|
|Next episode||Day 2: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM|
Day 1: 11:00 PM – 12:00 AM is episode 24 of Season 1.
 Episode Guide
David Palmer becomes tired of Sherry's power struggle and confronts her in the hotel ballroom. Nina knew that Jack would not try to attack the Drazen's if he knew Kim was safe so she contacted him and told him that Kim's body had been found. Overcome with anger, Jack storms into the Drazen's hideout. A bloody shootout breaks out and Jack is finally about to take out the entire Drazen family. Discovering that Kim was actually safe and alive, Jack informs CTU that Nina is a mole. As Nina tries to escape, Teri overhears a suspicious conversation. Nina knows she cannot be allowed to live. Jack returns to CTU to capture Nina but is too late to save his wife.
- Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
- Leslie Hope as Teri Bauer
- Sarah Clarke as Nina Myers
- Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
- and Dennis Haysbert as David Palmer
 Guest Stars
- Jude Ciccolella as Mike Novick
- Karina Arroyave as Jamey Farrell (archive footage only)
- Terrell Tilford as Paul Wilson
 Special Guest Stars
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Sherry Palmer
- Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida
- and Dennis Hopper as Victor Drazen
 Background Information and Notes
- This episode is the season finale of Season 1 of 24.
- This and Day 6: 5:00 AM – 6:00 AM are the only two episodes to fade to black before the final clock.
- This and Day 1: 12:00 AM – 1:00 AM are the only two episodes of the series to substitute the word "midnight" for "12:00 A.M." during the opening "The following takes place..." narration.
- This is the first episode to feature the silent clock, and the episode which sets the precedent of its use following a dramatic moment within the show. In this case, it follows the tragic death of Teri Bauer.
- There were three different endings shot for this episode to prevent a leak of the ending and if the writers wanted to change it. The other two versions that were shot included Teri Bauer being found alive. One of the alternate endings can be found on the Season 1 DVD.
- At the exact moment Jack turns around on the docks from incoming fire from the Drazens, a cameraman and camera as shown.
- This is the only episode in which a flashback is shown.
- Kevin Chapman, who appeared as a Coast Guard officer (who tells Jack Kim's alive), would appear again in Season 3 as a prison warden.
- This is Sarah Clarke's and Leslie Hope's last episode as series regulars.
- An audio commentary track for this episode is featured on the 24: Season One: Special Edition DVD set.