David Palmer on Day 5
|Portrayed by||Dennis Haysbert|
|Seasons||1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|First appearance||Day 1: 12:00 AM – 1:00 AM|
|Last appearance||Day 5: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM (as corpse)|
David Palmer was a Senator running for President during Day 1. By Day 2, he was President of the United States and occupied the office for four years and did not seek reelection for a second term at the end of Day 3.
On Day 5, he was assassinated because he knew about the Sentox nerve gas conspiracy.
 Day 1
In Day 1 he appears as Senator Palmer running for President. The day takes place during the California Primary. He spends much of the day dealing with a threat to expose a scandal (murder) involving his son Keith and fighting his deceitful and treacherous wife Sherry. By the end of the day David has finally come out and explained how his son was involved in the murder and has divorced Sherry.
 Day 2
 Day 3
 Day 4
 Day 5
Dennis Haybert was a series regular for the first three seasons, and appeared in all 74 episodes. He then made special guest appearances in both Season 4 and Season 5. He appeared in 80 episodes total, his guest appearances include:
- Season 4: 1:00 AM – 2:00 AM through 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM
- Season 5: 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM and 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
He appears in Day 5: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM only as a corpse and the actor is uncredited for the appearance.
- While shooting the Season 2 finale, they shot a "fake ending" which has President David Palmer eventually getting back up after getting infected by Mandy. They did this because the scene involved many extras and they didn't want the real ending to be leaked.
- All three assassination attempts on David Palmer have all occurred during 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM. On Day 1, Martin Belkin's impersonator attempts to kill Palmer, but Jack Bauer interferes. At the end of Day 2, while is he having a press conference, Mandy is able to infect Palmer when she shakes his hand. Soon afterward, he collapses. He is not killed by the attack though. Finally, at the beginning of Day 5, an assassin successfully kills him with a sniper shot.
- David Palmer was the fifth main character to be killed in the series.
This page has been accessed 3,737 times.