Day 1: 10:00 PM – 11:00 PM
|Day 1: 10:00 PM – 11:00 PM|
|Original air date||May 14, 2002|
|Written by||Robert Cochran and Howard Gordon|
|Directed by||Paul Shapiro|
|Previous episode||Day 1: 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM|
|Next episode||Day 1: 11:00 PM – 12:00 AM|
Day 1: 10:00 PM – 11:00 PM is episode 23 of Season 1.
Jack is freed by the Drazen's but must deliver a phone to David Palmer to get Kim back. Jack complies but at the last moment realizes the Drazen's plan and saves Palmer's life. Jack persuades Palmer to play along that he is dead so the Drazen's will free Kim, but Kim manages to escape from them and swims to safety. Teri breaks the news of her pregnancy to Jack. Nina is revealed as a mole in CTU as she contacts the Drazen's to inform them that Palmer is still alive.
- Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
- Leslie Hope as Teri Bauer
- Sarah Clarke as Nina Myers
- Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
- and Dennis Haysbert as David Palmer
- Željko Ivanek as Andre Drazen
- Xander Berkeley as George Mason
- Misha Collins as Alexis Drazen
- Tanya Wright as Patty Brooks
Special Guest Stars
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Sherry Palmer
- Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida
- and Dennis Hopper as Victor Drazen
Background Information and Notes
- This episode features Jack Bauer's final conversation with his wife Teri before her death. Day 1: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM is the last episode in which Jack talks to Teri in person.
- In the subtitles, Nina's alias "Yelena" is spelled incorrectly. It should say "Jelena". There is no letter Y in the Serbian language.
- With a total of 16 credited series regulars and guest stars, this episode featured the second smallest cast of any episode of 24 to date.
- The cell phone rings at 10:34 instead of 10:45.